FogBugz Technical Support

A forum for technical support discussion related to Fogbugz.
The current FogBugz Knowledge Base can be found at http://help.fogcreek.com/fogbugz.

Posts by Fog Creek Employees are marked:

Documentation
Release Notes
Network Status

Attachments cut short

We have had FogBugz running for a couple weeks now and it has done well.  However, we are noticing some problems with attachments.  Basically, large attachments (1-2Mb) seem to be causing FogBugz to act up a lot.  In two tests sending messages in with image attachments only approx. 44kb of each image was stored by FogBugz.  (One image was originally 1Mb, the other 400kb)

We are also having problems with FogBugz' POP routine getting stuck on messages with .zip attachments in the neighborhood of 2Mb.  We haven't quite figured out a reliable way to get things running again, but it usually involves moving the message out of the inbox into another IMAP folder (via IMAP client), "releasing" the POP3 routine via the link in the web error message (which I would think would be enough), and then some combination of time and restarting the FogBugz Maint. service.

I'm not sure if it means anything, but on occasion the aforementioned POP service stops seem to coincide with FogBugz dieing completely, with the web interface giving an database connection error page, suggesting that I alter sConnectionString. 

We are using:
Windows XP Professional SP2
FogBugz 4.0.11
MySQL 4.1.10
MyOBDC 3.51.11-1
Mail server: Alt-N MDaemon 7.2.3

Thanks for your help!
Adam Preble Send private email
Friday, March 11, 2005
 
 
Thanks for reporting this. We're doing some work on better handling of large email right now. In the meantime, MySQL configuration seems a likely culprit. Do you have a max_allowed_packet set? If so, could you crank that up to 50M or so?
Brett Kiefer Send private email
Friday, March 11, 2005
 
 
Also, definitely run through this:
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBugz/KB/setup/RightAccount.html

Could be the reason for the occasional database disappearance...
Michael H. Pryor Send private email
Friday, March 11, 2005
 
 
Brett and Michael,

Thank you for the replies. Adam is out of town for the week and I wanted to follow up with this issue. After looking into this quite a bit, I believe I have found the source of the issue. The column "s" in the bugEvent table is of type text. This type is limited to 64KB and with the encoding overhead this works out to a max attachment size of around 46KB. I changed the column type in our database to longtext and larger attachments work now.

Thank you again,
Chap
Chap Lovejoy Send private email
Monday, March 14, 2005
 
 

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics
 
Powered by FogBugz Bug Tracking and Evidence-Based Scheduling.