Migrating a database from Trac to FogBugz can be fully automated with this tool. All users, cases, wikis, and other items will be added to your FogBugz database via the FogBugz API. You can use this tool with any FogBugz installation, including a FogBugz On Demand site; it won't erase any existing information.
The tool has a simple graphical interface that guides you through the process. If you're a Linux user, a non-graphical executable is also included; you can choose the one you prefer.
The Trac Import Assistant can be downloaded for Mac, Windows and Linux. Please note that this is a 32-bit binary, so will require 32-bit libraries be installed on a 64-bit system. Windows and Mac handle this automatically, but your Linux flavor may not!
Download for Mac
Mac OS X 10.3 and later
Download for Windows
Windows 2000 or later
Download for Linux
Ubuntu 6.06 or later, SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (although most other distros work just fine too).
Because the tool can connect to MySQL databases, the non-graphical backend is open sourced under the GPL. You can download the source.
- Fixes a bug that prevented importing attachments from the GUI importer
- Fixes a bug that incorrectly allowed sorting the list of statuses and categories
- Now writes an import log to the Preferences folder (Mac) or Application Data directory (Windows) while importing
- Version 1.2.2 allows you to match to FogBugz virtual users when importing Trac users.
- Version 1.2.1 improves handling of certain edge cases in Trac databases.
- Version 1.2 fixes a bug with case-sensitive wiki page titles and improves user matching.
- Version 1.1.2 improves logging and memory handling.
- Version 1.1.1 works around a problem with inconsistent Trac databases.
- Version 1.1 improves handling of milestones and components.